Open Casting Call for Dancer/Performer to play the Empress role in Fuchsia Lin’s Future Cosmos Flow
Future Cosmos Flow is a 25-minute art and dance film about the power of water to transform, heal and renew our lives. This naturalistic, sci-fi fairy tale is the story of the quest of twin heroes to restore harmony back to their kingdom. Future Cosmos Flow is the second film in a water conscious art film trilogy, Crystals of Transformation, which features Fuchsia Lin’s elaborate sculptural textile creations (costumes/props) worn by award-winning performers and set in motion through dance.
Looking for a female dancer/performer to play the supporting role of the Empress. Description: Age: late 20’s - 65, all ethnicities welcome. You must be able to improvise, act, fight and be fierce! You have a sense of deep inner power/strength, a sense of motherly compassion and love. This film is inspired by water, so having a connection to water will help you in this role.
· You must be available the week of August 11-16 this summer in Portland, OR! There will be three days of filming during this week.
· There will be at least five 2-3 hr rehearsals taking place during May, June, July and August. The first rehearsal is on Sunday May 26 afternoon
· There will be at least four 1-2 hr costume fittings taking place during May, June, July and August.
· You will have the incredible opportunity of collaborating and performing with award-winning dancers: Andrea Parson (appears courtesy of NWDP), Viktor Usov, Franco Nieto (appears courtesy of NWDP) and Lindsey McGill.
· You will have the exciting experience of working with award-winning multi-medium artist Director/Producer/Costumer Designer, Fuchsia Lin.
· A stunning gown/costume of one of Fuchsia’s original designs will be custom-made for your to wear during your appearance in Future Cosmos Flow.
Exhibition of Future Cosmos Flow:
Future Cosmos Flow will be completed in August 2020 and screen in film festivals locally, nationally and internationally. There will be upcoming exhibitions/events in galleries/museums of the costumes and film presented together. Upon completion of the Crystals of Transformation film trilogy, a book will be created featuring pictures of the film and costumes.
This is a paid opportunity. Payment starts at $500.
To apply for this opportunity: Please send your CV, a headshot and a video link of your most recent work/performance to email@example.com (please note spelling) by May 12. Selected applicants will be contacted for a meeting the week of May 12. Thank-you for your interest!